How to Clean Your Gutters in 4 Easy Steps
You would perhaps enjoy your BBQ parties with friends and family, swim in your pool as a revitalizing activity, or simply utilize the space for a serene moment of relaxation. These are all very cool ideas to enjoy, however, in order to get these benefits you might want to also have an organized and clean space. Taking care of our gardens and lawns is an awesome way to do this, but what about our gutters?
For starters let us list what steps we will be following for an easy cleaning operation for our gutters:
- Regular Cleaning,
- Repair and Maintenance.
Now that we established the basics let us start from our first section; tools. You will require certain tools to get the job done neatly and safely. We recommend using the ones below:
- We recommend that you use a tall step ladder for increased stability and safety. Better if you are accompanied by someone during cleaning.
Sturdy boots or shoes with a good grip:
- It is always a solid idea to wear boots or shoes with a strong grip to ensure you do not lose your balance during cleaning.
- You may encounter sharp or hazardous objects while cleaning your gutters so it is always a good idea to wear safety gloves. Plus, they keep your hands clean!
Rake, broom, or a sturdy stick:
- Leaves, pine needles, dirt, and similar debris can be removed much easier with the help of a long tool.
Trowel or scoop:
- These will speed up your cleaning process by a ton! Also, they are much more efficient and easier to use than your hands alone.
- Protecting your eyes is important as you might encounter bugs, insects, and splashes from dirty water while cleaning your gutters.
- This is a must if you have neglected your gutters for a long time. Believe us, the amount of debris you will clean might be astounding at first!
We highly recommend you practice safety in every step of your cleaning process.
Cleaning your gutters at least twice a year during the beginning of autumn and the ending of spring is always a good idea.
The end of spring is good as heavy rain waters can create damages to your house if you have a blockage in your gutters.
Repair and Maintenance
Repair and maintenance for your gutter systems are very important as even the tiniest bit of cracks, clogs, or broken troughs can create bigger problems if left alone.
By regularly maintaining your gutters you will preserve the value of your home and have peace of mind. Handling your gutters also makes your outdoor living spaces look much better as molding, critter, and insect problems will be much less frequent.
Consider Purchasing a Gutter Protection System
It is a much cleaner, safer, and efficient alternative to regularly taking care of your gutters. You can get answers to questions such as how much does gutter protection systems cost with a simple phone call. You can even order samples before purchasing the whole set!
You can check our copper micro-mesh gutter guards for their 5-inch and 6-inch options. They are expertly manufactured with our "easy-install" technology so you can consider installing them yourself or call a professional installer for ease of usage.
If you are looking for something truly heavy-duty then we recommend checking our Copper Waterlock Pro Gutter Guard. It's heavy-frame and high-durability will ensure that tough weather conditions won't be a problem anymore for your lovely home. Finally, you can also check our vast collection to suit your needs.
We’re sure you’ll find more information in regards to gutters and homecare with our future blog posts as well as our home page. Until next time, be safe and in good vibes!